First admit it… Your kitchen wonder machine, Power XL Air Fryer, is not self-cleaning. So don’t let it turn into a ticking time bomb of grease and food scraps with cleaning procrastination. Yet, make it always ready to crave crunchy fries and guilt-free fried chicken.
How? Give it a cleaning session after each time you cook. But, does it make you sweat as a cleaning marathon?No way, it’s a breeze more than you ever think. Let’s learn how to clean the Power XL air fryer sparkling. Stick around because I’ll break down the art of transforming your greasy contraption back as it once was. Trust me, your meals will be lip-smacking with the cleaned air fryer and your taste buds will thank you.
Why Your Power XL Air Fryer Cleaning Is Crucial
You ignore cleaning doesn’t mean you just don’t clean your air fryer. It means a lot more than that. Basically, you invite your health digester, your kitchen disaster, and your wallet digester cleaning ignorance. Let’s see how?
Cooking on a dirty air fryer may lead to food contamination. Eating those foods puts your health at serious risk.
Using a grimy air fryer awaits a fire hazard waiting to happen. And it undoubtedly puts your entire kitchen and home in jeopardy.
Lack of cleaning and maintenance makes your air fryer motor and parts faulty. Frequent repairs or air fryer replacements burn a hole in your pocket.
But the practice of regular cleanliness of your air fryer brings tremendous results. Like
Keeping the air fryer clean makes your every bite a taste revelation.
No old grease messes with flavor.
No chomped down tasted like yesterday’s fish.
Longevity of the Machine
Cleaning your air fryer regularly will be a long-haul companion.
No frequent repair cost.
No air fryer replacement each year.
Cleaning your air fryer makes your kitchen the safest place to cook.
No big deal with terrifying grease fires.
How to Clean Power XL Air Fryer (7 Steps Guide)
Cleaning your Air Fryer is not a chore. Yet, it is the key to making your meals tasty. Here’s a step-by-step comprehensive guide to help you clean it like a pro. After cleaning, it’ll look and perform like new in no time.
Step 1: Pre-Cleaning
You should prepare your air fryer to thoroughly clean it before diving into scrubbing and rinsing. This will make the whole cleaning process smoother.
- Safety is always first. So, remove the plug of your Power XL Air Fryer from the electric socket.
- Leave it at least 30 minutes to cool down. Because the hot air fryer is dangerous to clean.
- Remove the basket, tray, and other accessories from the air fryer.
Step 2: Tools Arrangements
While the air fryer is cooling down, arm yourself with the tools for a successful cleaning session.
- Soft Sponge to gently scrub, not to scratch the surface.
- An abrasive sponge or old toothbrush to scrub aggressive grime
- Dish soap to clean stubborn grease
- Warm water to loosen the grease
- Degreaser spray to clean the heating element
- Rubber gloves to protect your hands
- Kitchen sink, large bowl or bucket to submerge the accessories
- Microfiber cloth to pat them dry
Step 3: Clean The Exterior
Cleaning the exterior of your air fryer takes minimal time. So, it’s better to clean it first.
- Wipe the nooks and crannies of the exterior.
- Once you complete wiping the entire exterior, rinse the sponge with clean water.
- Wipe the air fryer surface again with the sponge. The second wipe removes soap residue.
- If needed, wipe a third time until the fryer shines like a mirror.
- Then, wipe it with a microfiber cloth to dry.
Step 4:Clean The Interior
Now, it’s time to clean the inside of the air fryer. If there is oil and other food particles, it takes a few minutes to clean.
- Remove the food particles, if there are any.
- Pour 2-3 drops of dish soap over an abrasive sponge.
- Wipe the air fryer inside with the sponge.
- Wait 2 minutes after wiping for stubborn grime.
- Then, rinse the air fryer with water to clean the soap residues.
Caution: As an electronic motor and many other electronic parts inside the air fryer. While rising, be alert to ensure no water seeping inside.
Step 5: Clean The Basket and Accessories
The basket and accessories get direct contact with food and oil when you cook. So, these need your precise cleaning.
- Submerge the basket and other accessories in your kitchen sink’s warm soapy water.
- Wait 10-15 minutes to loosen the grime.
- Scrub these gently with a soft sponge.
- Rinse them to remove the soapy residues.
- Wipe with a dry towel to make them dry.
Step 6: Clean The Heating Element
Lastly, you have to clean the heating system of the air fryer.
- Spray some degreaser from 1 ft away from the air fryer. It helps to avoid inserting the spray inside the motor.
- Take an old toothbrush and gently scrub.
- Wipe with a damp cloth to clean.
Step 7: Reassembling and Testing
You have done your cleaning task. But before using it for the next cooking adventure, it’s better to check it.
- Reassemble all the cleaned and dried fry trays, baskets, and parts back into the air fryer.
- Connect the air fryer plug into the socket.
- Run the machine empty for approximately 10 minutes.
- If it runs well without issues, everything works as it should.
Common Mistakes You Should Avoid While Using Your Power XL Air Fryer
We all make mistakes. Let’s see some of the air fryers using mistakes that you must avoid.
- Don’t use any bleach (abrasive cleaners, or harsh chemicals) to clean it. The harshness of bleach can damage the non-stick coating of your air fryer.
- Scrub the exterior, interior, or accessories of the air fryer gently. Scrubbing too hard or with excessive force will remove the non-stick layer. And it may make the airfryer useless.
- Electricity is the source of heat for your air fryer. So, don’t ignore the heating element while cleaning. But, you can’t leave it to accumulate grease as it can be a fire hazard. Be careful while cleaning the heating system.
- Never immerse the central unit of the air fryer or electrical components in water while cleaning.
- After cleaning, ensure proper drying before reassembling or storing. If any part of the air fryer remains damp, mold and unpleasant odors will be created.
- Never try to clean the air fryer immediately after cooking. Waiting to cool down the machine is crucial to avoid burning your hand or wrapping the accessories.
Air Fryer Maintenance Tips for Long-lasting Performance
Want to keep your air fryer tier top shape for many years? Regular maintenance is your golden ticket to a long-lasting relationship with your kitchen air fryer.
- Monthly checkout is the best way for easy maintenance of your air fryer. Inspect the heating element, basket, tray, and other parts monthly. It helps you to find any signs of wear or damage if it occurs.
- Besides, test the electrical components (all buttons and displays). If all functions well, it indicates there are no issues in it. Or, if you face any trouble, an early catch will save you from more significant problems later.
Yes, it’s partly machine washable. The fry tray of the air fryer is dishwasher-safe. So you can clean it by leaving it in your dishwasher. But the removable basket and other accessories aren’t dishwashable. You have to hand wash them.
Yes, baking soda and vinegar clean stubborn grease and grime. So, you can use the mixture instead of dish soap to clean the PowerXL Air Fryer.
You have to clean the air fryer after each use. But deep cleaning depends on your cooking frequency and style. If you use the fryer more than usual, give it a deeper clean at least once a week. But, for rare use, monthly deep cleaning is alright.
No, you can’t put the basket and accessories in the dishwasher because they aren’t dishwasher-safe. You can just dishwash its fry tray.
A bad odor signals it needs a deep- cleaning, as it’s overdue. When deep cleaning, touch all the nooks and crannies to remove this foul odor.
Keeping your Power XL air fryer clean keeps it happy. And a happy air fryer makes your tummy happy with delicious pizza, vegetables, and many other foods.
So, sparkle clean your air fryer following our guide. Boost your food flavor. Ensure safety. Extend the air fryer’s life.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments. I’d love to write about it on my next blog.
Happy air frying.