While searching for the best smoker for snack sticks, we often overlook so many aspects assuming that it is an easy task. But without the right smoker, it can be a disaster.
As we know, snack sticks are thinner than sausages and that’s why you need to be more careful while smoking them.
Moreover, electric vs. propane smoker is a great debate to make snack sticks. better.
With all that confusion, why not review our top 5 smokers below and decide on the right product that suits you the best?
Let’s dig in then!
Comparison chart for Best Smokers For Snack Sticks
Best Smokers for Snack Sticks with Unfailing Smoking Expertise
We know, there are hundreds of smokers out there claiming to be the most perfect tool. But to achieve the authentic taste of this outdoor-friendly meat recipe, you should focus on the smoker type, power control, high heat flow, and many more.
Relax! We have narrowed down the options based on these striking features. Just check them out below to click on the purchase button.
1. Easiest to Use- Cuisinart 30" Electric Smoker
- Powerful stainless steel construction
- 548 square inches of interior
- An inbuilt thermometer to monitor internal temperature
- Comes with 3 removable stainless steel racks
- Easy temperature control with a dial
To begin with the benefit of this easy-to-use Cuisinart smoker, we must admit that this is a very handy tool to smoke snack sticks. Being spacious enough, it lets you smoke a large batch of sticks at a time.
You can even smoke your favorite veggies, fish, or meat in sufficient amounts, thanks to the 3 stainless steel cooking shelves inside.
And these cooking racks come dishwasher safe. So, cleaning becomes a breeze.
As we all know, smoking snack sticks in electric smokers is extremely easy due to their amazing temperature control. You need to plug the tool in and set the temperature.
Automatically, it will generate 100-400° F with the 1500-watt heating element.
Moreover, the built-in easy-to-read thermometer on the front door of the smoker will let you monitor the internal heat flow throughout.
With the wide interior, you can smoke a whole bird or a large brisket at a time.
Most importantly, all its features are very beginner-friendly, and therefore, you don’t need to be well-trained to run this smoking tool.
The lightweight ergonomic design and the chrome-coated spring door handle make this versatile electric smoker a great purchase indeed.
- Beginner-friendly ergonomics
- Durable stainless steel exterior
- Three removable smoking racks
- Includes a removable water pan and a wood chip tray
- Sometimes the smoker leaks heat
- Could have produced more smoke
2. Best Overall- Masterbuilt 30-Inch Black Digital Electric Smoker
Next, we have a Masterbuilt product on the list. Let’s see if it lives up to the year-old reputation of Masterbuilt or not.
- Up to 275° F temperature reach
- Digital control panel to adjust time and heat
- Includes 4 chrome-coated racks
- Provides 711 square inches of cooking space
- Comes with a patented wood chip loader on the side
Firstly, let’s talk about the wood chip loader. It is so convenient to use that you can fill it up with your favorite flavors without even touching the smoker door. That surely is a great add-on for any electric smoker out there.
Well, there are some other reasons why smoking snack sticks in a Masterbuilt smoker is a dream for many pitmasters. Let’s review them.
The 711 square inches of cooking surface certainly plays a vital role in the popularity of this smoking device. You can cook for a large group of people without any hassle.
And the lightweight architecture makes it a great smoker to carry anywhere you want.
Being corded electric, it saves both your time and effort to manage those messy charcoal and prepares food within a few hours letting you chit chat with your dinner guests.
If you prefer perfect home-smoked snack sticks, you can never go wrong with this Masterbuilt digital device, thanks to the user-friendly digital control panel.
Whether you need to switch on/off it or adjust the temperature, the panel is there to help you. That’s why it is suitable for both beginners and professionals.
With the same size as the Cuisinart 30″ Electric Smoker, it delivers more cooking space and an additional smoking rack. But in terms of high heat reach, it falls behind as the Cuisinart one can deliver up to 400° F.
But considering its superior performance, that doesn’t count as a deal-breaker though.
- Easy to use digital control panel
- Larger cooking area
- Four chrome-coated racks
- Even and consistent cooking
- Long-lasting stainless steel ergonomics
- Sometimes the digital panel shows an error code and doesn’t work properly
- Faulty assembly instructions
3. Most Affordable- Masterbuilt 30" Analog Electric Smoker
A very common complaint by the BBQ lovers is that a good quality smoker costs an arm and a leg. But that’s not always true. Need proof? Then check out this premium-grade Masterbuilt analog smoker which comes really affordable.
- Precise temperature control
- Easy ash removal
- Three chrome-plated smoking racks
- 1500-watt heating element
- Built-in temperature gauge
Although it’s an analog smoker, it performs no less than an advanced digital one in terms of smoking snack sticks.
The inbuilt temperature gauge lets you monitor the smoking temperature perfectly.
Besides, it offers an effortless heat adjustment with the analog dial.
Another exclusive feature of the smoker is the front-access grease tray. It catches the extra food drippings to keep the surface clean.
With the 3 smoking racks, you can cook up to 3 chickens, 2 turkeys, 3 racks of ribs, or 3 pork butts at a time.
More importantly, you don’t have to dig into your pocket much to get this all-around smoker. It comes really affordable compared to other high-end smokers.
But that does not make the product substandard. In fact, it performs pretty well while smoking snack sticks of a good volume of meat. You get the authentic smoky smack with an addictive aroma.
- Perform pretty well for the price
- Produces a lot of smoke
- Very stable temperature control
- Very easy to operate
- A sliding wood chip tray removes ash easily
- Poor painting that comes off too easily
- No pull out tray included
4. Most Spacious- Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
Fourth on the list, let’s review a Char-Broil smoker which comes in very handy in smoking, grilling, or barbecuing. However, the core benefits it comes with are-
- Easy to read LED display
- 725 square inches cooking space
- Includes a removable food thermometer to watch over the temperature
- Four removable smoking racks
- Insulated double-wall architecture to last longer
It’s true that Char-Broil is an old fellow in the grilling field. But with their innovative products, they are competing with all the new-age grill brands successfully.
And that is proven again with this 30″ deluxe digital electric smoker. You can smoke or grill a large variety of meats with the four adjustable racks.
Be it a small family get-together or a huge friend’s gathering, it will serve both the purposes, thanks to the 725 sq. inches of the spacious smoking area.
Besides, the package includes a large-capacity smokebox that will continue to produce smoke for up to 7 long hours.
What’s more surprising is you need not refill the box repeatedly to get that smoky aroma infused into the food.
Above all, you will be blown away by the glass door as it allows an inside view. Moreover, you can observe and control the cooking procedure from a distance using a remote.
Next, the double-wall construction seals the deal by locking heat and smoke inside. This feature alone makes the smoker 10 times better than its contemporaries.
- Removable food temperature probe for easy cleaning
- Keeps food warm until it’s taken off from the smoker
- Hassle-free grease removal with the large grease tray
- Turns off automatically
- You need to buy the remote separately
- Takes a bit too long to be preheated
5. Most Durable- Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
In the final spot, we have another Char-Broil smoker but in the analog version. Let’s see what specialties it has in store compared to its digital counterpart.
- Cokes with 3 chrome-coated cooking grates
- Offers 544 sq. inches of smoking area
- The door includes dual latches to be sealed properly
- Double-wall insulation to lock heat and smoke inside
- A huge capacity wood chip box
- Maintain an even heat flow throughout
- Infuses authentic smoky essence in the food
- Comes with side carrying handles
- Powered by a 122-watt heating element to smoke on high-temperature
- Inexpensive price point
- The wood tray is not well-ventilated to offer a decent smoke flow
- The black coating on the back comes off easily
How Do You Hang Snack Sticks in a Smoker?
Aside from the smoker type and quality, the perfection of smoking snack sticks also depends on how you hang them. So, let’s have a step-by-step guideline in this regard.
First, set the smoker correctly by removing the racks. Then cut a ½” of wood dowel that goes with the width of the smoker and hang the sticks properly there.
You must prepare the meat with fat in an 80:20 ratio. Grind them together in a grinder and mix all the ingredients of seasoning.
In terms of stuffing, choose a smaller casing as snack sticks are meant to be leaner. And of course, the ropes shouldn’t be too long.
Then let them rest somewhere with 90°F of heat for drying better.
Now, hang the sticks inside the smoker and place a pan underneath. With your preferred wood, you can start smoking from the lowest temperature of that smoker.
While hanging them inside, you should gradually increase the heat.
Take them off the smoker and cool them with ice water. You can also use the best cooler for resting meat.
- Keep enough space between the smoker and the bottom of the sticks
- Place them close to the smoker door for even smoking
- Dry the sticks well before placing them in the smoker
Buying Guide to Get the Best Smoker for Snack Sticks
Before pressing the purchase button, you must be well-informed of the crucial features of an ideal smoker not to waste your money. So, let’s go through them below.
We usually smoke a large batch of sticks together and store it for further use. So, a larger cooking space does matter.
If we talk about another famous pellet grill brand Traeger keeping our top picks aside, the Traeger Ironwood 650 vs 885 also varies mainly in the smoking surface. The latter is more desirable providing more surface.
On the same note, the more cooking grates a smoker consists of, the more convenient it is. For example, despite being one of the finest smokers, users demand that the Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker should have four cooking racks instead of three.
Although people tend to love propane smokers for their amazing flavors, electric smokers are trendy nowadays. They are easier to control and provide precise programming. That’s why they are the hot picks by novice pitmasters.
Who wants to go bankrupt buying a smoker, right? So, you should aim at the best bang for the bucks. If you buy the best offset smoker under $2000, any of the above will work just fine to prepare flavorsome snack sticks.
With advanced technology, you can adjust the temperature and smoking time in a smoker with your phone. If your smoker/grill isn’t equipped with this feature, you should buy a good quality controller.
For instance, some pellet grill users are always on the lookout for the best controller for Traeger to upgrade their wood pellet grill.
Frequently Asked Questions
The most favorable temperature for smoking sausage is 225° F.
You need to remove the racks from the smoker and hang the sticks on a wooden dowel that matches the width of the smoker.
Usually, hickory and mesquite are the most popular choices to smoke snack sticks with an enchanting aroma.
You should let the sticks sit for 1 hour at least before smoking.
You should smoke a snack stick at 135° F of internal temperature.
Usually, you need to smoke a beef stick for 6 to ten hours based on your temperature set up on the smoker.