Sticking your hands with cold meat, eggs, and milk into the bowl while mixing? Finding half-mixed ingredients when you mix them with a spoon or hand whisk? Facing challenges in properly mixing large batches of meat due to hand fatigue? Kick off all those hassles, save time and energy with the KitchenAid stand mixer, the real kitchen horse, to boost your culinary arts. Using your KitchenAid mixer, you can efficiently mix ground or minced meat with other ingredients.
But, in that case, you should know specific aspects like how to use the mixer to mix meat, what paddle you should use, what speed you should set, and many other things.
In this post, you’ll get all the answers to your inquiry. Just spend two minutes reading the post, and thank me later when your beloved persons appreciate your dishes.
What Dishes Need Mixing Meat With Other Ingredients? - 4 Popular Food Items
If you are a meat lover, you already know the dishes that need to mix ground/minced meat with many other ingredients.
But, if you are a novice cook, and don’t have enough idea what food recipes need meat mixing and why.
We can feel you, so let’s learn the 4 most popular meat dishes that need meat mixing.
Reading the name, you may predict it’s a meat recipe, but it looks like a loaf. According to Good Housekeeping, Meatloaf was the 7th American favorite dish for diners. People usually visit restaurants to taste this delicious meat item.
You have to combine ground meat with other ingredients and shape the mixture into a loaf through a loaf pan to make it. After baking the Meatloaf, you should slice the loaf before serving in front of guests. Kitchen knife does a good job of slicing them without having a meat slicer.
Don’t know how to do that, check this post to learn the basic process.
What you should mix to make Meatloaf
Ground beef, eggs, minced onion, milk, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper are the common ingredients to mix to make Meatloaf.
Though meatballs are a traditional Italian dish, they also became popular in the USA. The dish’s tender, spicy, and Juicy taste will entice you to eat them again and again.
You should combine the appropriate amount of meat and many other ingredients properly to bring this food’s unforgettable taste.
After mixing the meat, it is shaped like balls and then cooked, fried, braised, or steamed. That’s why this is called meatballs.
What you should mix to make Meatloaf
Generally, ground or minced meat, eggs, cheese, Italian-style breadcrumbs, minced onion, and herbs are mixed to make meatballs.
3. Emulsifier sausage
Emulsifier sausage is one of the popular meat items. This recipe needs fine meat particles with fat and properly mixed with many other ingredients. The emulsifying sausage contains fresh ground meat and is high in protein.
What you should mix to make Emulsifier sausage
Minced meat, salt, and many spices, water or ice all are mixed together for making emulsifier sausage.
4. Hamburgers or Burgers
Hamburgers or burgers, whatever you call them, are mostly the same food item. One or two baked ground meat patties are placed inside two pieces of a sliced bun or bread roll. The meat patties and the sausage is the craving to elevate its taste.
What you should mix to make hamburgers or Burgers patty
Ground meat, eggs, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, etc., are the most used ingredients to make burger patties.
How To Mix Meat To Follow These Recipes
There are two methods of mixing meat to cook these popular dishes. The first is the traditional method, and the other is using an electric mixer.
1. Traditional Method
You should add everything to a stainless steel cooking bowl and mix them with your hand or spoon. The senior citizens are used to following this technique to mix anything for cooking preparation.
But, using this technique has some limitations. Like, inappropriate mixing, making your hands and bowl sticky and incapable of handling large amounts of meat.
Because you need lots of elbow grease to pull and punch the mixture repeatedly for proper mixing; otherwise, the air in the mixture will make the cooking process harder, and you won’t get the tender food you want.
2. Using An Electric Mixer
Using an electric mixer like KitchenAid helps you do the same work quickly, with less elbow grease and no hand stickiness.
The mixer mixes meat with other ingredients with an electric motor power and paddle rotation. It can ensure the mixing will be as smooth, soft, and tender as you need.
This mixer can even mix around 5 lbs of meat at a time. That means if you want to prepare large quantities of meat, you can go ahead even with an assurance of getting a superior final texture.
Because the paddle will rotate at the 59 touch points each rotation around the bowl. The higher touch points will incorporate the ingredients for faster, smoother, and better texture.
Moreover, mixing meat with the stand mixer’s paddle will develop myosin in the meat. Myosin works as a meat binder and prevents them from coming apart when you cook.
Overall, using your KitchenAid mixer to mix meat is better than hand mixing. However, this mixer stand is also great to ground meat, if you own attachment accessories. Check this post, if you are willing to buy a set of attachment accessories for your kitchenAid stand mixer.
How To Use KitchenAid Mixer To Mix Meat
There are no hard and fast rules to mixing meat with your KitchenAid mixer. But, still knowing the steps will ensure getting the maximum results within minimum time, energy and effort.
Step 1: Get Ready Your Ingredients
You have to prepare everything before turning on your mixer. Because the more specific you are about preparing your ingredients, the perfect meat mixing you’ll get to taste delicious foods.
- Decide what dish you want to cook and what ingredients you need for that.
- Keep all the ingredients on your countertop.
- If you need to peel or cut anything. Do it accordingly.
Step 2: Get Ready Your Mixer
After arranging the ingredients, you should prepare the mixer to run.
- Get out the mixer from the storage space, and place it on the countertop.
- Wipe the mixer with a dry paper towel. Air debris may fall on its surface because it isn’t used for many days and stored.
- You had received many accessories with your mixer when you bought it. Among them, pick the Nylon Coated Flat Beater paddle and 5-quart mixing bowl, as they will be the right accessories to mix the meat. If needed, rinse them with clean water and wipe with a dry rug to soak the water.
- Attach the paddle with the mixer, and plug its electric cord into your countertop’s electric source.
Step 3: Add Ingredients In The Bowl & Mix
You are ready with your ingredients and mixer and one step away from mixing.
- Add your minced venison, chicken, beef, turkey meat and other ingredients that you want to mix with meat into the bowl.
- Lifting the machine head, place the bowl below it. When placing, notice its paddle’s accuracy.
- Though the KitchenAid mixer comes with 10-speed levels, speed 4 or 5 is enough to mix the meat. Set the speed level as per your requirement.
- Press the ‘On’ button, and the paddle will start rotating and mixing the meat and ingredients.
- After 30 seconds, press the “Off” button and check your mixing meat. If that is properly mixed within this time, remove the bowl below the machine.
- But, if that needs more mixing, again press the “on” switch and mix well until it becomes your preferred texture.
- However, if you want to add ingredients after one time of mixing, you can do it. Just stop the machine, add ingredients, and mix again.
Step 4: Clean The Machine
Maintaining hygiene is necessary to reduce your health risk, and washing the mixer is important to increase its durability. So, once you mix your meat, please don’t leave the mixer without cleaning. Rather, clean the accessories as soon as possible.
- Remove the meat dough from the mixer bowl and keep it in another.
- Remove the paddle from the machine.
- Leave both in your kitchen sink and wash them with mild dish detergent.
- After that, rinse with clean water and wipe with a dry paper towel to soak excess water.
- To clean the mixer base, wipe it with a disinfectant wipe.
Mixing meat with your hand, spoon or kitchenAid mixer is absolutely your personal preference.
Hand mixing can be a good option for mixing ½ pound of meat. However, if you are an arthritis patient, must avoid it. As it’s become risky and dangerous for you.
But, if you need to mix more than ½ pound, especially around 4-5 pounds, it’s wise to use the mixer. Because, when you add other ingredients, the mixture volume may reach up to 6 pounds.